Job Description | Updated October 11, 2020
Description: Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless (TCH) seeks a Program Coordinator to design, implement, and manage client service programs that support individuals and families experiencing homelessness, at risk of experiencing homelessness, and who are formerly homeless in the Tahoe area.
Goal: To coordinate implementation and ongoing evaluation of all agency service programs in a manner consistent with TCH’s mission and policies.
- Collaborates with the Director of Services to design, implement, and oversee TCH’s client services programs
- Participates in on-going staff evaluation, program evaluation, and program development and implementation to ensure increasingly positive client outcomes
- Conducts internal monitoring and data analysis regularly to ensure funding and internal outcomes are met
- Ensures all program policies and procedures are upheld and reviewed regularly
- Identifies and documents trends, recommendations, and successes of TCH program efforts
- Manages program reporting to various funders
- Monitors data quality for program-level HMIS data
- Works with the Finance and Contracts Coordinator to generate content and reports relevant for grant proposals and reporting requirements
- Ensures accurate, timely data collection and reporting for funding purposes and for program evaluation and improvement
- Networks with local service providers to improve client connections to resources
- Maintains official records and documents and ensures the organization complies with funding requirements
- Represents TCH professionally while participating in various community meetings
- Engages clients in a trusting and supportive treatment partnership, providing emotional support while maintaining professional boundaries
- Maintains one’s own physical, mental and emotional well-being to maximize the healthy functioning of the program
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public policy or administration, or related field
- Minimum three years of related work experience
- Must maintain a valid CA Driver’s License and active car insurance.
- Working knowledge of housing first strategies
- Ability to maintain clear personal and professional boundaries with clients
- Ability to work effectively in constantly changing and sometimes demanding or stressful environments
- Ability to respond responsibly in emergency and crisis situations
- Ability to be flexible, adapt, and adjust to rapid change within a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including, conflict resolution, listening, and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of community resources
- Ability to effectively interact with clients, co-workers, and volunteers with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and treat each individual with respect, dignity, and compassion
- Knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,etc.)
- Physical ability to lift 25 pounds, sit, stand, bend, reach, and perform cleaning duties
- Pass a criminal background check
Hours: Typically, schedule is 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday. Schedule may be subject to change to accommodate programmatic needs, as needed. May require some evening, and weekend hours.
Rate: The hourly rate range for this position is $22-$25
Class: The Program Coordinator position is non-exempt hourly, up to 40 hours per week.
Reporting: The Program Coordinator reports to the Director or Services.
Mission: Our mission is to support our neighbors experiencing homelessness by partnering with our community to promote awareness, provide warm beds, and encourage self-sufficiency.
Vision: Our vision is to work together to end homelessness on the South Shore.
Values: We cultivate a culture of shared responsibility that recognizes those experiencing homelessness as members of our community. We lead with integrity, show respect, and uphold fairness. We accept people where they are without judgement and treat one another with dignity and respect. We provide opportunities for growth through education and advocacy with passion and perseverance.