JOB DESCRIPTION | Updated October 11, 2020
Description: Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless (TCH) seeks a Services Coordinator to organize and provide on-site supportive services to residents living in supportive housing settings.
Goal: To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to meet the needs of resident clients to sustain housing and wellness.
- Coordinates on-site activities schedule including life skills classes, recreational and social activities, and special events that foster community and self-care.
- Arranges resident meal options with community partners as necessary.
- Coordinates on-site care with third-party support services (i.e. IHSS).
- Builds connections with local partners to improve client access to community resources.
- Coordinates resident transportation for appointments and errands as needed.
- Manages use of community spaces such as the kitchen, community room, and laundry room.
- Conducts regular resident room checks to ensure client safety, monitor needs, and evaluate resident satisfaction.
- Serves as the main point of contact for tenant issues and complaints.
- Documents and logs issues and incidents appropriately.
- Maintains accurate files and statistical data per agency policy.
- Conducts welfare checks with residents when necessary, in coordination with housing staff.
- Works with program participants to enhance and improve their activities of daily living (healthy cooking skills, navigating public transit, relationship building).
- Coordinates care with Navigation Specialists and Client Support Manager as needed to identify client needs and overcome challenges.
- Works in collaboration with the Community Resource Manager to coordinate volunteer teams and community donations.
- Engages residents in trusting and supportive relationships, providing emotional support and focusing on target goals while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Maintains one’s own physical, mental and emotional well-being to maximize the healthy functioning of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field. Professional experience in the field or a related field may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum three years of related work experience, to include working with clients who are experiencing homelessness, mental illness, and substance use
- Must maintain a valid CA Driver’s License and active car insurance.
- Ability to maintain clear personal and professional boundaries with clients.
- Ability to work effectively in constantly changing and sometimes demanding or stressful environments.
- Working knowledge of local community resources.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including, conflict resolution, listening, and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond responsibly in emergency and crisis situations.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients, co-workers, and volunteers with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and treat each individual with respect, dignity, and compassion.
- Understanding and support of Housing First principles as well as Harm Reduction Theory and practice.
- Experience using Motivational Interviewing techniques.
- Physical ability to lift 25 pounds, sit, stand, bend, reach, and perform cleaning duties.
- Skilled in non-violent crisis intervention.
- Experience providing culturally competent services to a diverse population
- Pass a criminal background check.
Hours: Typically, schedule is 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday. Schedule may be subject to change to accommodate programmatic needs, as needed. May require some on-call, evening, and weekend hours.
Rate: The hourly rate range for this position is $18-$22.
Class: The Services Coordinator position is non-exempt hourly, up to 40 hours per week.
Reporting: The Services Coordinator reports to the Client Services Manager.
Mission: Our mission is to support our neighbors experiencing homelessness by partnering with our community to promote awareness, provide warm beds, and encourage self-sufficiency.
Vision: Our vision is to work together to end homelessness on the South Shore.
Values: We cultivate a culture of shared responsibility that recognizes those experiencing homelessness as members of our community. We lead with integrity, show respect, and uphold fairness. We accept people where they are without judgement and treat one another with dignity and respect. We provide opportunities for growth through education and advocacy with passion and perseverance.